In a strategic move to attract even more international investors and professionals, the United Arab Emirates government rolled out significant reforms to its Golden Visa program back in 2022. These changes introduced a reduced investment threshold, removed restrictions on international travels of the investors, and presented new features such as the option to purchase off-plan properties and secure mortgages.
This article gives you all the information to check if you are eligible or not for an investor visa, and if so, which one would suit you best.
The Investor Visa Options
- 10-Year Visa with AED 2,000,000+ Investment: Investors seeking an extended residency commitment can opt for the 10-year Golden Visa, achievable by investing a minimum of AED 2 million (approximately $545,000) in real estate. Notably, this option is independent of family composition, offering flexibility for individual investors. The chosen properties must be in Freehold Zones, areas where foreigners are permitted to own real estate. Multiple properties can be accepted under the applicant’s name. If the property is mortgaged or on an instalment plan, the bank or developer must be paid at least AED 1 million.
- 2-Year Visa with AED 750,000+ Investment: For those desiring a shorter-term commitment, the 2-year Golden Visa option requires a more modest investment. Investors can secure this visa by investing a minimum of AED 750,000 (approximately $204,000) in real estate within the Freehold Zones. The investment amount varies based on ownership structure, with joint ownership by spouses necessitating a higher threshold of AED 1,000,000 (approximately $272,255). Similar to the 10-year option, investors can include a spouse and children under 18 in their visa application. Also in this case, at least 50% of the property’s value must be paid.
To qualify for the Investor Visa, individuals must meet these basic but specific criteria:
- Age: Over 18 years old;
- Financial Legitimacy: Capable of verifying the legality of income;
- Clean Record: No criminal history;
- Health: Free from socially dangerous diseases, such as HIV or tuberculosis.
Children eligible for inclusion in the visa application include unmarried sons under 25 years old and unmarried daughters of any age, provided they are free from socially dangerous diseases if over 18.
Implications for Investors
The revised Golden Visa regulations underscore the UAE’s commitment to attracting foreign investment and talent. By lowering investment thresholds, providing flexibility in property choices, and allowing the use of mortgages, the UAE aims to make the Golden Visa more accessible to a broader range of investors. These changes are poised to stimulate economic growth, foster diversification, and position the UAE as an attractive destination for global professionals and entrepreneurs.
The UAE’s Golden Visa is not just a residency option; it’s a gateway to a dynamic and prosperous future in one of the most vibrant regions on the planet.
For more information and assistance with the Visa application process, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.