Overview: we are an established and growing firm of extraordinary people who apply accounting and tax knowledge, business insight and practical know-how to support our clients. We appreciate openness, hard work, integrity and honesty, prospering on the individual and collaborative efforts that are crucial to delivering great outcomes. We work with our clients to deliver a realistic and strategic plan to meet business goals and requirements, by offering a tailor-made solution to meet their needs.
- General bookkeeping for the production of management accounts. Support clients in drawing up detailed financial budgets; cash flow statements, and revenue/cost analysis are the other leading keys;
- Preparation of end of the year financial statements, balance sheet and P&L. Liaising with external regulators e.g. providing all the information required for the auditors’ reports;
- Reviewing application for VAT registrations and subsequent compliance including filling of quarterly returns;
- Management of payroll and related end-of-the-year declarations. Drafting of employment contracts and further advice on dealing with employees;
- Constructions Industry Scheme queries such as contractors and subcontractors’ registration, gross status application, CIS returns;
- Preparation and review of personal tax computations and returns. Provide tax planning advice on income tax.
- Acting as a point of contact for tax authorities, dealing with new queries and ensuring that any HMRC inquiries are managed promptly and effectively;
- Company secretarial duties, i.e. drafting minutes, maintaining statutory books/registers, lodging required forms with Companies House;
- Conduct independent client listening and attend client relationship reviews with the managing director. Implement any actions required to respond to client feedback.
- Minimum of two years in accountancy practice or related environment;
- Solid knowledge of accounting principles, laws and regulations;
- Capable to work autonomously and deal with client enquiries in a timely and precise manner;
- Ability to communicate clearly with colleagues and clients at all levels;
- Flexible and able to work in a fast-paced environment;
- Experience of MS Excel, accounting software (QuickBooks, Xero) and tax filing software (IRIS, Tax Filer, TaxCalc);
- Fluent in English and either Italian or Spanish (both would be an asset);
- AAT level 3 or 4, studying towards ACCA.
Job Offer: competitive salary based on experience, study support, private medical insurance.