Overview: WellTax is dedicated to attracting a diverse combination of highly capable people from different business backgrounds. Our first objective is to fulfil a high level of customer service that is distinctively WellTax.
About WellTax: WellTax is an established and growing firm of extraordinary people who apply accounting and tax knowledge, business insight and practical know-how to support our clients. We appreciate openness, hard work, integrity and honesty, prospering on the individual and collaborative efforts that are crucial to delivering great outcomes. We work with our clients to deliver a realistic and strategic plan to meet business goals and we work very hard with our clients to address businesses’ requirements and offer tailor-made solutions to meet clients’ needs.
Job Title: Semi-Senior Accountant (Spanish Speaker)
Location: 20 Fitzroy Square, London
Division: Accountancy and Tax
Direct Manager: Managing Director and Partners
Position Summary: Managing accounts and overseeing the firm’s day-to-day operations (i.e. preparation and submission of financial statements, VAT returns, EC Sales lists, Intrastat declarations and CIS returns; payments for customers and suppliers; general administration duties; etc.). The successful candidate will assist them in providing estimable levels of services to a broad range of clients, from well-established companies to high-net-worth individuals.
Remuneration: Competitive salary based on experience
- Supervising, coaching and supporting a small team of junior accountants and guiding the team through deadlines and challenging tasks.
- Facilitating goal-level creation for the broader function and working with the Director to ensure the goals cascade to all workers.
- I am managing the clients’ bank accounts, i.e. payments for customers and suppliers, and general administration duties.
- Preparation and submission of VAT returns, EC Sales lists, Intrastat declarations and CIS return.
- General Bookkeeping for the production of management accounts. Support clients in drawing up detailed financial budgets; cash flow statements, and revenue/cost analysis are the other leading keys.
- Management of Payroll and related end-of-the-year declarations. Drafting of employment contracts and further advice on dealing with employees.
- Preparation and review of Personal Tax Computations and Returns, Statutory Accounts for Limited Companies, Sole Traders and Partnerships.
- Investigation and due diligence on potential clients, partners or acquisition targets by clients.
- Acting as a point of contact for tax authorities, dealing with new queries and ensuring that any HMRC inquiries are managed promptly and effectively.
- Tax planning advice on income tax and consultancy on residence, domicile and remittance basis, OWR, dealing with requests for certificates of occupancy and DTA with other EU countries.
- Conduct independent client listening and attend client relationship reviews with the managing director. Implement any actions required to respond to client feedback.
- Communicating financial and goal results and key performance indicators to the Director.
- Minimum of two years in accountancy practice or related environment.
- Solid knowledge of accounting principles, laws and regulations.
- Able to work autonomously and coordinate a small team.
- Accurate and detailed oriented.
- Able to deal with client enquiries in a timely and precise manner.
- Confident and Team Player.
- Flexible and able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficient in MS Excel, accounting software (QuickBooks, Xero, Freeagent) and tax filing software (IRIS, TaxCalc, Tax Filer).
Ideals candidates would also have:
- A relevant qualification (ACCA, ACA or CIMA) would be desirable.
- Proficiency in English and Spanish, a third language (French, Italian) would be an asset.
Development Value: the successful candidate will be able to work in an environment where he/she can get many opportunities for potential development and future growth.